Live to the rhythm of the destination
- Vallée verte (Green Valley) Festival
– Pays des Couzes musicals
– Dance & Music of the World in Issoire
– Europavox in Clermont-Ferrand
– Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival
– Retro Rockin’Festival in Mont-Dore.
– Andros Trophy (Super Besse circuit)
– Trail de l'Envol de la Perdrix (trail running) in Super Besse
– Mont-Dore Course de côte (international car race) in Chambon-sur-Lac.
Activities in the region throughout the summer in:
– La Bourboule
Two days of festivities in medieval costume, in the listed medieval village of Murol and its 12th-century castle. This historical and cultural festival will take you back to the time of wandering minstrels. Themed games and food centred on the local area and rural traditions.
- Medieval market and tavern.
- Medieval camp, presenting occupations, military strategy and daily life.
- Daily: mini-knights workshop, troop parade, medieval music and dance, and a pitched battle before the camp.
- Free activities in the village over the two days.
- Guided tours of Murol castle throughout the day (admission charge only).
The "Famille Plus" label offers you the best guarantees for a successful family holiday thanks to its various commitments:
- a personalized welcome for families
- rates & animations adapted to each age activities to do with family or between siblings, cousins cousins ...
- easy access to nearby businesses and services dedicated and qualified professionals
On a family holiday, take part in discovery workshops, thematic outings, tours and circuits adapted for strollers and little ones ... Everything is developed for a practical family holiday.
Travelers' Choice honors accommodations, restaurants, attractions and vacation rentals that provide quality service over time.
Our establishment received this award on Trip Advisor, thanks to the opinions and comments of our vacationers.
Our selection of must-see places
Visit to the feudal castle of Murol (Themed, Guided or Activity tours).
Guided tour of the Chateau de La Batisse.
- jam makers in Saint-Nectaire
– Auvergnate Beehive
– Clogs and Boots
– Les Fontaines Pétrifiantes (Petrifying Fountains)
– Farm visit to learn how Saint-Nectaire cheese is made.
Murols School of Painters Museum (weekends only).
Notre-Dame-du-Mont-Cornadore church in Saint-Nectaire (a major Romanesque Auvergne church).
Medieval town of Besse-et-Saint-Anastaise (pedestrian streets and “Besse stone” houses).
Lac Pavin (a magnificent volcanic crater). “La Toinette & Julien” living history museum in Murat-le-Quaire.
The Roman baths at Mont-Dore. Issoire and the Saint-Austremoine Abbey (a major Romanesque Auvergne church), clock tower. Vulcania, European volcano theme park.
Le Puy de Lemptégy, an open volcano.
Le Puy de Dôme – at 1465m, it's the highest altitude volcano in the Puys mountains (its summit accessible on foot only).
The Puy de Sancy mountain at 1,886 m – the highest point in the Massif Central.
Several châteaux and the most beautiful Romanesque churches (such as Notre-Dame-d'Orcival Basilica, Notre-Dame-du-Port in Clermont-Ferrand and the Saint-Saturnin church.)
New in 2020: Azureva partner of Vulcania
Volcano-themed attractions for all! A place to learn as well as have fun, Vulcania is a theme park that enables you to gain a better understanding of how volcanoes – and our planet – work.
A small petting zoo ideal for children, where you can stroke and feed coypus and kangaroos, as well as see wallabies, llamas, marmots, prairie dogs, reindeer and farm animals.
Our partners offer preferential rates on a range of activities. So make the most of the Thermadore pool in Saint-Nectaire, the zoo in Ardes-sur-Couze, and hot-air balloon flights a stone’s throw from the holiday village!
In July 2018, the volcanic Chaîne des Puys mountains became a UNESCO World Heritage site, joining such prestigious sites as Mont Saint-Michel and the Palace of Versailles.